The must-have trouser from last year is back for another season and we love how versatile the cropped pant can be.
Of course, the celebs have jumped on the trend and we’re loving how these two ladies are wearing culottes this season.
If you’re pear-shaped, keep your bottom half simple and classic like Gwyneth Paltrow with her denim get-up. Bustier figures can show off their pins in printed trews like Kimberley Walsh – just remember to keep your top half neutral. Add some key accessories and this summer’s must-have shoes and you’re good to go.
Here’s two looks to try from the high street.
Do it in denim
If you want to ease yourself into this trouser shape, a denim style remains the classic choice and is easy to wear. On sunny days, we’ll be teaming ours with a pretty peasant blouse and block-heeled sandals.
Our classic denim look
- Straw hat, £7.99, H&M
- Fluted sleeve blouse, £28, Cotton Traders
- Denim culottes, £30, Next
- Eyelet sandals, £49, Soft Grey at La Redoute
- Floral ‘Huxley’ bag, £45, Fiorelli
Try a bold print
Going for big and bright? Tone down your top half with a belted, tailored jacket. This will nip you in at the waist and balance out proportions.
Go bold in prints
- Semi-precious stone earrings, £25, Accessorize
- Belted jacket, £28, Dorothy Perkins
- Green print culottes, £35, Kaleidoscope
- Raffia wedges, £39, Wallis
- Clutch, £15, BHS